The firmware update ensures that the router is healthy. For the router to be able to keep working without any problems, the firmware must be kept up to date. The user can do that by simply going to www.routerlogin.net and logging in to their router admin settings. There, the user can check the latest version of their firmware in the Firmware Update or Router Update option. The option may vary for different router models.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Netgear WNDR4300 router:
- First of all, open an internet browser.
- Then go to the NETGEAR Download Center and download the latest firmware for your Netgear router. Download the latest firmware and save it to the desired location.
- Now, type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of an internet browser. Press enter. After that, enter the default information of the router when prompted.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers.
- Then, select the ADVANCED tab. After that, click on Administration.
- After that, click the Router Update or Firmware Update option. The option may be labeled differently for some routers.
- Lastly, click Choose File or Browse option to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click Open. Now, click Update option.
In conclusion, the update solves most of the issues with the router. Netgear releases the firmware updates regularly so that the users can experience a safe and secure network.
If you wish to read more about setting up your router or configuring your settings, please read more here.
Click here to find more about the setup of your router.