Netgear Firmware update troubleshooting steps using routerlogin:
The Netgear firmware update makes sure that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices. The updated firmware also makes sure that the security on the router is up to date. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords and more. This way, the router is not vulnerable to any potential threats. The Netgear firmware update also enhances the overall speed of the router. It may even add some new features to the router.
Furthermore, the Netgear firmware update only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time and is very easy to perform. Here are the troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router.
Facing issues regarding the Netgear firmware update of AC3200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router? [Solved]
The Netgear firmware update usually takes a couple of minutes. Once the firmware has been updated, the router will reboot itself. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using their router as they desire.
- Firstly, download the latest firmware from the NETGEAR Download Center . Save it to a desired location on the device that is hardwired to the Netgear router.
It is recommended that the user hard wires the router to the computer or laptop during the update as it prevents any dropped connections.
- Now, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. The router admin login page will appear.
- Enter the default credentials in the spaces provided. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- The web based interface will appear. This is where the user can change the configurations of their router.
- Now, click the ADVANCED tab. Under it, click the Administration option.
- There, the user will see the Router Update or Firmware Update option. The name may vary for different router models.
- Click the Browse option to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click the Upload button to upload the downloaded file.
- Finally, the Netgear firmware update will begin now.
To conclude, the update usually takes a couple of minutes. When the firmware update is completed, the router will restart itself. The user may now start using their router as they desire.
If you require further help troubleshooting the router setup, click here.