How to change netgear router login password with a few simple steps.
The user must change the netgear router login password initially to make sure that no unauthorized users gain access to their network without their permission. The user must also update the firmware of the router if there are any updates available. To make sure that all of the sensitive information does not fall into the wrong hands, the user must make sure that their security is up to date.
Here, we will provide the troubleshooting steps to change the netgear router login password for the router with a few simple steps.
Troubleshooting steps to change netgear router login password.
- Firstly, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. Press enter.
- After that, the admin login page will appear. There, the user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their Netgear router.
- The preset username and password are “admin” and “password” respectively.
- Once the user successfully enters the router’s dashboard, the user will see the configurations page.
- On the System Status, the user will see the Network Name (SSID) and the Network Key (passphrase) options with the respective fields provided below them.
- Furthermore, enter the new desired username and password within the respective fields to change netgear router login password.
- Finally, click Save to implement the changes made.
Now, the user can reconnect all their devices using the new username and password and use the internet on their devices.
- Make sure there is no sensitive information within the username or any password hints. The username is visible to the nearby devices.
- Also, do not share the password with anybody except the people you wish to share the internet with.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Netgear router:
- Firstly, download the latest firmware update from the NETGEAR Download Center. Save it to the desired location.
- Then, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to access the admin login page.
- The user can also type the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. This will also allow access the admin login page.
- Enter the default information in the fields provided to successfully login to the router.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password will be case sensitive.
- Click the ADVANCED tab. Click the Administration option.
- There, the user will see the Router Update or Firmware Update option. The name may vary for different router models.
- Click the firmware update option. Click the Browse option to locate and upload the previously downloaded file.
- The router will now start updating the firmware. Once the firmware has finished updating, the router will restart itself.
Conclusion: Once the router has finished updating, the user can start using their router as they desire.
- Do not interrupt the firmware update or unplug the router from its power source during the update. It might damage the router.
- Do not download the firmware from any third party websites. It may contain some malicious content.
If you wish to read more about router setup, kindly click here.