Netgear wndr4300 router firmware update and password change
Netgear wndr4300 is one of the best and most reliable routers that ever came out. The Netgear wndr4300 router supports up to 450 Mbps on the 5GHz band. Along with that, it also offers true dual band and wireless features such as performance, guest networking, network storage, Parental controls and much more.
The Netgear wndr4300 router has a squared-off shape and it can work in a vertical or horizontal position. Setting up the Netgear wndr4300 router is fairly easy. The router initially requires the user to setup and login to the router using routerlogin.net IP address. Alternatively, the user can also use the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Below, we will share the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the router along with the rest of the settings.
Netgear wndr4300 router setup and login troubleshooting steps:
- Firstly, connect your Netgear wndr4300 router and the modem that you are using with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the LAN port of the device to your Netgear wndr4300 router using another Ethernet cable.
- After that, reboot all your devices by turning them off and then on again. Wait for all the devices to finish booting up.
- Now, open any internet browser and type routerlogin.net in the address bar. The login prompt window will appear.
Alternatively, the user can also use the default IP addresses here which are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. The default IP addresses are mentioned at the back of the router.
- Then, type in the default username and password in the space provided. The default username and password is admin and password respectively. Both of them are case sensitive.
- If the default credentials are accepted, the Setup Wizard will appear. If the user is unable to login using the default credentials, it means that the default username and password have been changed previously. In that case, the user needs to enter the previously set credentials.
- Then, click on the Setup Wizard. Click on Yes to proceed.
- After that, the Setup Wizard will try to detect the type of IP that your router has. Mostly, it is Dynamic IP only.
- From here, the user can check the status of their internet or manage the network settings as per their needs.
Now, the Netgear wndr4300 router is setup and logged in. From here, the user can personalize their router as they please.
How to change the username and password for wndr4300 using routerlogin?
Netgear wndr4300 router username and password troubleshooting steps:
- Firstly, launch an internet browser and type routerlogin.net in the address bar using a device that is connected to the router.
- A pop up window will display asking for the default username and password. Type in the default credentials as they are mentioned on the back of the router. If the default credentials fail, then any previously set password might work.
- After logging in successfully, the Basic Home Page displays.
- After that, select the ADVANCED option.
- Then click the Administration tab.
- Go to the Set Password option to change the username and password for your Netgear wndr4300 router.
- Enter the new desired username and password. Make sure that the password is strong.
- Furthermore, make sure that the Enable Password Recovery option is enabled. This helps when you either lose the password or reset the router.
- At last, click Apply to save the changes that were made.
Now, the username and password will be setup. The user can simply reconnect all their devices using the new credentials.
If you wish to read more about your router setup in general, click here.