Netgear Genie router login setup troubleshooting guide:
Netgear Genie router login is required by the user to initially access the admin login page using www.routerlogin.net web domain. There, the user has to enter the default credentials regarding the router to access the Netgear Genie router login page to further configure the router. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply go to any internet browser and type the default address i.e. www.routerlogin.net or the default IP address as well i.e. 192.168.1.1. With the help of the configuration settings, the user can secure their network and by changing the advanced features. The user can also personalize their network that is most suitable to their needs.
Furthermore, the user can find the security settings on the configuration page of the router. The configuration page is called the Netgear Genie router login which helps the users setup their routers initially. Furthermore, it provides the user a dashboard with the configuration settings regarding their router. Here, we will help the users understand the configurations of their routers using the Netgear Genie router login.
Here are the steps to setup and login to the router using Netgear Genie router login:
- Firstly, connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port located at the rear of the router.
- Now, using another Ethernet cable, connect the computer to any of the internet ports located at the rear of the router.
- Then, reboot the modem, router and the computer. Wait for the devices to finish rebooting.
- Open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to access the Netgear Genie login page.
The user can even access the admin login page using the default IP address as well. The default IP address is 192.168.1.1 for most of the Netgear routers.
- Now, enter the default credentials whenever asked by the netgear genie admin GUI. The default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. This will be case sensitive.
- The Setup wizard appears when the user successfully logs in to the router. The Setup Wizard will try to detect the type of internet connection that the user has.
- For all the wired connections, the Setup Wizard will detect the connection as Dynamic IP. Click Next to proceed.
- Finally, the user will have setup and logged in to their network without any problems.
- Lastly, the user can change the configurations of the router and access the advanced features from the Netgear Genie page.
If you wish to read more about setting up your router, click here.